Have you had the opportunity recently to examine a photograph of yourself? Are you the one smiling or are you covering your mouth with your hand and turning away from the camera? Most people will agree on how important a smile is to your overall appearance and nothing is more important a factor in your smile than beautiful teeth.
Today, thanks to advanced cosmetic dental technology, your dental team can help to enhance almost any smile. There are a variety of techniques that may improve the appearance of your teeth. The quality and types of available materials make teeth look more natural and improvements last longer. You need not settle for cracked, chipped, crooked or stained teeth. Your dentist can create a more attractive smile for you. Get your hand away from your face and uncover your new smile.
Some methods are described below. Ask your dentist to explain any of them in more detail.
- Porcelain veneers to alter shape, color, and position of anterior teeth.
- Bleaching techniques to lighten teeth, at home or in the dental office.
- Tooth-colored restorations (fillings and inlays) to replace unattractive silver fillings. These mercury-free restorations can be made of composition materials, ceramics or a combination.
- Ceramic crowns, bonded to the tooth to eliminate the grey gum line look.
- Bonding tooth-colored materials to the tooth to close gaps, change color or replace less- attractive silver fillings at the gum line.
- Micro-abrasion to remove superficial stains and white spots.
- Conventional crown and bridge, bonded bridges or retrieval type bridges over implants.
- Reshaping and Contouring to give your teeth smoother surfaces.
- Replacement of missing teeth with bridge work, partial or full dentures.
For more information about our cosmetic procedures call us today at (818) 465-7777!